1. In what way is the Internet a huge marketplace where thousands of sellers want to sell their products/services? the world is your market. This is the way the world is.
2. Is that how you make money as an affiliate? You make a product available in that world. And the world is filled with lots of people willing to sell there products to you, whether it is a product of their own or someone else’s.
3. How can the world become your market and how does one sell or promote a particular product/service? If there are a lot of people (or any size of market) searching for a product/service, and they have a website or blog where they advertise that product, then that market will be yours.
4. The best way to promote a product is to put a link which says that you are the advertiser or seller, either directly to that product or possibly to your own website or blog at the same address. And you can put up a blog which discusses about that product or service. If anyone searches for that topic on Google or other search engine, then there will be a lot of results for that search term and you can definitely get ranked well so that people looking for that term will find your blog and products.
If you do it correctly, then you will not have to deal with any of the things mentioned before.
The things you will have to do are
1. Creating a website to put up the products.
2. Creating a blog about that product or service and put up a review of the product/service.
3. Creating a sales letter about that product/service.
4. Promoting the blogs.
If you create those things efficiently and diligently, then the affiliate programs should also be a piece of cake for you.